Applesauce marshmallow coffee cake is so good served as a dessert or for breakfast with your morning coffee. Seriously…this applesauce cake covered in warm marshmallows….it’s DELICIOUS! Plus, this is a simple dessert to toss together. It’s always a hit when we serve it.
Applesauce Marshmallow Coffee Cake Ingredients:
Chopped nuts, Optional (Pecans or Walnuts)
Miniature marshmallows or enough to cover the top of the dish (you could use the large marshmallows, too)
- You can use any type of nuts that you like in this dessert. You can also leave them out.
- I use miniature marshmallows, but you can easily use large marshmallows.
- You can add more spice to this cake or leave out the ones you don’t enjoy.
- This coffee cake is delicious served warm out of the oven with a cup of coffee.
Are you reading our digital magazine, Front Porch Life? It’s full of great new recipes, country living, fantastic people, southern charm, cooking tips and so much more. We send it directly to your email so you can start reading, cooking and relaxing immediately! This is our premium content not found on our website. Join 1000’s of others today and start enjoying our magazine!
Applesauce Marshmallow Coffee Cake
This simple coffee cake is full of flavor. Soft marshmallows on top of an apple spice cake, you’re gonna love it!
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup white granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon allspice
- 1/2 stick butter or 4 tablespoons or 1/4 cup melted
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup applesauce
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup chopped nuts Optional (Pecans or Walnuts)
- 2 1/2 cups miniature marshmallows or enough to cover the top of the dish could use the large marshmallows, too
Whisk together the flour, sugar, baking soda, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, cloves, and allspice. Pour in melted butter and mix with a spoon. Add eggs, applesauce, and vanilla extract. Fold in nuts.
Spray a 9 x 9 baking dish with cooking spray. Add batter. Cover with marshmallows and press them into the batter. Bake in preheated 350-degree oven for 35 to 40 minutes.
Don’t forget about our Ebooks! Each Ebook is a collection of our most popular recipes. You will have them all at your fingertips and can pull them up at any time. Nice and convenient instead of having to search a database. You can purchase each Ebook individually or buy the bundle.
Follow us on Instagram!
© The Southern Lady Cooks photos and text – All rights reserved. No copying, posting on other sites, or other uses allowed without written permission of the copyright holder.