Chili cheese dog sliders are so simple and perfect for any game day, movie night, or gathering. They are the easiest appetizer to put together. Honestly, they take about two minutes to prepare and disappear quickly, too. Plus, this easy appetizer is so versatile!
Ingredients Needed for Chili Cheese Dog Sliders:
Shredded or sliced cheddar cheese
This recipe is very versatile. You can make them exactly how your family enjoyed them.
- I’ve made these sliders with the Hawaiian King Slider Rolls (9 to a package) or the Hawaiin Rolls (12 to a package); use whichever you like.
- You can make your own chili dog sauce for this recipe or use canned chili. I’ve done both.
- I’ve made these with white and red onion. I’ve added jalapenos and different cheeses. You can use sliced or shredded cheese.
Are you reading our digital magazine, Front Porch Life? It’s full of great new recipes, country living, fantastic people, southern charm, cooking tips and so much more. We send it directly to your email so you can start reading, cooking, and relaxing immediately! This is our premium content. Join 1000’s of others today and start enjoying our magazine!
Chili Cheese Dog Sliders
These simple sliders come together so quickly!
Servings: 6 servings
- 1 package of Hawaiian Rolls
- 1 package of hot dogs
- Cheddar cheese sliced or shredded
- Diced of white onion
- 1 (15) ounce can of chili with or without beans, whichever you prefer
- 2 tablespoons of butter melted
- 1/2 teaspoon of garlic powder
Preheat oven to 375 and grease a baking dish. Cut Hawaiian rolls horizontally and place bottom of the rolls in the pan. Top with shredded cheddar cheese or sliced cheese. Cut hot dogs in half and then slice hot dogs down the center, and lay side by side on cheese.
Top with chili, onions, and more cheese, and then put the tops of the rolls back on. Brush the tops of the rolls with melted butter, sprinkle with garlic powder, and bake in the oven for 12-15 minutes or until the cheese is melted and the tops of the sliders are golden brown.
Depending on how many sliders you make will determine if you use all the hotdogs in the package. I sometimes take the leftover hotdogs and stack another small piece on top of the other hotdogs to have three small pieces on each slider.
Don’t forget about our Ebooks! Each Ebook is a collection of our most popular recipes. You will have them all at your fingertips and can pull them up anytime. Nice and convenient instead of having to search a database. You can purchase each Ebook individually or buy the bundle.
© The Southern Lady Cooks photos and text – All rights reserved. No copying, posting on other sites, or other uses allowed without written permission of the copyright holder.