1. Preheat water bath to 170ºF.
2. Add pork belly and remaining ingredients into a vacuum sealed bag or heavy duty Ziploc freezer bag.
3. Cook for 8-10 hours.
4. Pour the liquid from the bag into a saucepan and reduce at a simmer. This can be poured over the pork belly when serving or can be used to create Kenji’s incredible pork braised mayo.
5. Remove the pork belly and slice 1/4″ thick pieces. Place these on a baking sheet or broiling pan.
6. Preheat broiler on high and let cook for 3-5 minutes, or until crispy.
7. Serve with the marinade sauce as is, or create pork belly bao buns.
Pork Belly Bao Buns Recipe: Cooked pork belly, sliced 1/4″ thick | Steamed bao buns | Pickles or quick cucumbers | Pork braised mayo or hoison sauce | Crushed peanuts to taste | Green onions to taste
Recipe via www.SousVideGuy.com